Getting and staying healthy is one of the more important things you can do for YOU. Let’s face it; living in this 21st century where almost everything is packaged and artificial, we are prone to hazards and dangers to our health that our forefathers were not exposed to.
Make it your aim to be knowledgeable about your body and what you are feeding it. Make it a goal to start out each morning; aware of the food that you eat. Be determined to start an exercise regime.
Visit your family physician before starting on any new diet or exercise activity. Are you feeling sluggish? Do you eat right? Do you get out and exercise? Start today and I guarantee you will have more focus in your daily activities.
Let’s face it; we all get busy in our daily routines and more times than not; we end up eating on the go, putting exercise off, neglecting our yearly visits to our physician. Don’t let life get in the way of taking care of your body.
Here are some ideas that won’t take you long to implement:
- Start SIMPLE
- Start a daily journal of your eating and exercise habits
- Be determined to get out of the houseif even for 10 minutes and drink in the fresh air around you. I have a friend who was so overweightshe started with 1 minute and added a minute a day for the next 30 days! Seriously, can you get out and walk for 1 minute today?
- Drink more wateradd ½ a cup a day until you are up to 8 glasses a day
- Sit down and create a weekly menuI mean simple
- Set aside some time for reflection each day
Because we are so busy–we actually sat down and created a weekly menu.
Monday: Soup or Salad and Sandwiches
Tuesday: Meat, Veg, and a Starch (pick one from each category)
Wednesday: Casserole night (there are 1,000’s of recipes at your fingertipsgoogle it
Thursday: Pasta nightadd a salad and because you’re already having pasta forgo the bread
Imagine how simple your shopping would be by just implementing the above weekly menu.
If you work from home do you go from bed to office immediately? I encourage you to WAIT! Put on your walking shoesgrab a water bottle and walk for one minute today! Yes, that’s it. One minuteadd a minute a day for 30 days.
You will be more mentally sound by implementing some or all of the above simple steps. Now, get yourself up off the couch or out of the office and get moving to a new and improved YOU.